For anyone going keto, it’s a real challenge to find a way to indulge in a sweet treat without breaking the diet. Bakeries and restaurants don’t make it easy at all. Fortunately, dark chocolate is here to help us create the most delicious and easy keto desserts. In our previous post, we discovered how to prepare Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies of extraordinary flavor. Today it’s time to delight in the delicious and fluffy texture of a Keto Chocolate Mousse.
Keto Chocolate Mousse: Benefits
Our Keto Chocolate Mousse is low in carbs. As a good keto recipe, this dessert has zero sugar and zero wheat flour. Instead, our exquisite Keto Chocolate Mousse is loaded with all the nutrients, antioxidants and luscious flavor of a quality dark chocolate with 80% cacao content, a superfood in itself.
Dark chocolate is rich in fiber, iron, magnesium, manganese, copper and healthy fats, which are perfect for a keto diet. Enjoying a Keto Chocolate Mousse prepared with premium dark chocolate can literally make you feel happier, while also providing countless health benefits to your body. A dose of chocolate reduces heart disease risk, improves blood flow, lowers the blood pressure and improves your brain function.
When it comes to antioxidants, dark chocolate is one of the highest scoring foods tested. Antioxidants in dark chocolate provide protection to cells along your body from free radicals present in chemicals, smoking, pollution and radiation. Is dark chocolate flavor too bitter for your, then it’s time to indulge in our Keto Chocolate Mousse.
Keto Chocolate Mousse: Ingredients
Keto Chocolate Mousse: INSTRUCTIONS
1. Place the canned coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
2. Heat up the coconut milk until it begins to simmer.
Add the stevia powder and the 80% Dark Chocolate Chips, and mix it up until well combined.
3. Immerse the pan in a chilled water-bath and allow the dark chocolate mixture to cool down completely.
4. Take the coconut cream out of the fridge without shaking.
5. Open the can carefully, transfer the thick cream to a bowl and discard the liquid at the bottom.
6. Beat the coconut cream on high speed until it gets creamy. Separate ½ cup of the whipped coconut cream for decorating your Keto Chocolate Mousse.
7. Blend the dark chocolate mixture and half of the shaved 80% dark chocolate.
8. Transfer the Keto Chocolate Mousse to 4 glasses, top with the remaining whipped coconut cream and scatter the rest of the shaved dark chocolate.
9. Enjoy your Keto Chocolate Mousse right away or let it sit in the fridge for 2 hours for obtaining
an incredible texture!
Keto Chocolate Mousse: Storage
Since this Keto Chocolate Mousse is an egg free, dairy free recipe, you can leave it in the fridge for up to 10 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container for preserving its delicious flavor. Another option is to freeze it up to 2 months. Unfreeze your Keto Chocolate Mousse overnight in the fridge, fold until it gets a fluffy consistency and serve.